Wednesday, August 18, 2010

phase 3

Today I began phase 3 of the nutrition plan. It was a little bit of guessing and lots of good food. I shared a cupcake from city cakes who happened to be at the farmers market. It was delicious and a special treat. Now back to work. I am going a little crazy with this phase and I am going to try to do raw as much as possible or at least often. If not raw, then whole foods. I have little experience with raw, so I am going to do what I can and have fun with it. I am going to be pretty strict with the diet and limit foods to whole foods. Nothing processed. We made this decision a few weeks ago and stopped purchasing new food and rid our cupboard and fridge of most processed foods (at least anything tempting or perishable). 30 days left, and 30 days of eating healthy. Today my foods were: dried apricots, portabella burger on sprouted bread (not raw), banana smoothies, dried and seasoned corn, dried dates, and oatmeal. My calories only reached 1604. I made some raw bread/crackers that will be ready tomorrow. I am also looking into making a raw cheesecake. my fat was pretty low so I think this is actually feasible (the ingredients include nuts and coconut). I was also lacking in protein so I added some protein powder to the smoothies I had. I think beans or lentils might be a good way to replace the protein powder. I have some soaking along with nuts and seeds. I expect raw food to be work and planning, and I am going to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment